THE GIVEAWAY BLOG!! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Poll
Keywords

Latest topics
» How Can I Convert EML to PST Outlook Format
How to Install a New Processor EmptySat Mar 02, 2019 5:50 pm by toddgross0007

» EML to PST
How to Install a New Processor EmptySat Mar 02, 2019 5:49 pm by toddgross0007

» Restore IncrediMail Email
How to Install a New Processor EmptyThu Feb 28, 2019 5:36 pm by toddgross0007

» How to Recover IncrediMail Folders That Disappeared
How to Install a New Processor EmptyThu Feb 28, 2019 5:34 pm by toddgross0007

» EDB to PST Converter software
How to Install a New Processor EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:39 pm by toddgross0007

» Convert OST to PST utility
How to Install a New Processor EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:29 pm by toddgross0007

» MBOX to PST Converter
How to Install a New Processor EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 3:11 pm by emersonhurst

» SQL Database Recovery
How to Install a New Processor EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 3:09 pm by emersonhurst

»  MBOX to PST Convert software
How to Install a New Processor EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 3:48 pm by geetjit13

How to Install a New Processor

Go down

How to Install a New Processor Empty How to Install a New Processor

Post  THE GIVEAWAY BLOG!! Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:48 am

The CPU (Central Processing Unit) is used for calculating values or moving registry entries. The GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) is used for similar functions.

1Find out what type motherboard you have; different motherboards have different sockets. Make sure your CPU is accepted by your motherboard, power supply, and cooling components. A list of common socket types appears at the end of this page.
Ad

Install a New Processor Step 2 Version 2.jpg
2Open the case of your computer. This is usually accomplished by a latch, button, or other release mechanism. If necessary, refer to technical manuals to find out how to gain access to internal components. Depending on the type and model of your computer, a screwdriver may be needed to open the case.
Install a New Processor Step 3 Version 2.jpg
3Remove any components such as the power supply or heat sink cover that obstruct access to the motherboard.
Install a New Processor Step 4 Version 2.jpg
4Remove the heat sink. This is usually an aluminum block with fins to dissipate heat. Attached to the heat sink will usually be a fan. Unplug the fan from the motherboard. Also remove any clips that attach the heat sink to the case or motherboard. The CPU should now be exposed.
Install a New Processor Step 5 Version 2.jpg
5Lift the latch on the side of the socket which will slightly raise the CPU, then remove it.
Install a New Processor Step 6 Version 2.jpg
6Insert the CPU into the socket so that the corner with fewest pins goes into the upper right corner of the socket.
Install a New Processor Step 7 Version 2.jpg
7Push down the latch of the socket so that the CPU is attached firmly to the socket and motherboard.
Install a New Processor Step 8 Version 2.jpg
8Apply the recommended amount of CPU heat transfer grease to the new processor so that it covers the top surface.
Install a New Processor Step 9 Version 2.jpg
9Replace the heat sink on the newly installed CPU and plug in the fan power cable to the outlet on the motherboard.
Install a New Processor Step 10 Version 2.jpg
10Replace the components that you removed to give you access to the CPU, (power supply, various cables, etc.).
Install a New Processor Step 11 Version 2.jpg
11Reassemble or close the computer case. Make sure all internal cables are attached to their original locations.

Tips
Make sure all cables go into their original ports; just because it fits, it does not mean it goes there.
Some good CPUs to upgrade to: Core 2 Duo, Pentium D, and Core 2 Quad. Stay away from these processors: Pentium, Celeron, and the Atom. If you really want cutting edge power, and are not worried about paying a premium price go with the Core i7 or the Core i7 extreme. Be careful though because some motherboards do not support the new Core i7 socket configuration. Core 2 Quad Extreme is a good choice if your if your motherboard can't support the new Core i7.
If a component or cable does not fit in the slot you think it goes in, make sure before jamming it in and possibly damaging it.

Warnings
Be careful with that little piece of silicon: it’s delicate and expensive, with some worth over $1,000.
Always ground yourself before reaching into the case, each time. You can do this by touching a metal table or chair leg, or even the computer case, if it is metal. Any static discharge may fry sensitive electronic components.
THE GIVEAWAY BLOG!!
THE GIVEAWAY BLOG!!
Admin

http://thousandgiveaway.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down